ADHD VII previous version

EZS

Built this PCB I got a couple of months ago. As excited I was to try an OCD variant, Im left with a wet noodle. I found it best in the LP (lower gain) and unbuffered settings with little drive. This circuit can quickly become over the top and Im mainly using an OD as a minimal boost into a driven amp. I look for nice coloring of tone and thats where I find the OCD lacking. My 2 cents. A million + love it. IMG_2398.JPG

Beautiful build ! I see you are using the lock washer on the outside, same as I do.

Each OCD versions have a different flavor.

I look for nice coloring of tone and thats where I find the OCD lacking.

Maybe an other version would suit you better, you could try to do change some components values.

for exemple, on mine I increased the tone pot value for more trebble and added a toggleswitch based on Wizardofwoz66's suggestions :

Reactions: EZS
I see you are using the lock washer on the outside, same as I do.
I didnt even notice what I did, lol. I just wanted to test this thing asap!
Each OCD versions have a different flavor.
Im sure this is very true. And every OD will have its favorite amp to play with too.
Maybe an other version would suit you better, you could try to do change some components values.
I found obsessing over tweaking a dual sided pcb is more of a pita than I have patience for. Next time Ill just double my pcb order for tweakable circuits like this.

To be fair, it all depends on your amp, and how you use it, what you play, and what you like. I can see this useful for a cleanish amp. For me I found the signal getting too squashed and blatty sounding early into it. The buffer played a role in that too. Squished highs and farty lows.
Sometimes less is more. Ill keep it and try it out on a Bassman or something like that.

Hey man, very nice build, but I really recommend you get that TL082 from a reputable source, that's not a orignal Texas Instruments chip, and it does sound different 🥲
I bet your right. Ive sourced a bunch of counterfeit junk over the past decade. Ebay is such a disappointment.

Update on the ADHD. I plugged it into a 68 Bassman I converted into a 6G6b. My ears are ringing so thats a sign of progress. Its much better in that amp and there are tones to be found. The buffer and hp switch's work in this one. I do find the drive once turned up is kinda gross. I wonder if standard diode clipping is more musical. As a boost with a little drive it pretty OK.

Back