Adjust TC-1 Tester Shutoff Time?

Ginsly

It looks like you can adjust the automatic shutoff time for the TC-1 using jumpers on the pcb, but I can't for the life of me figure out HOW. I see the two pads, but I'm not sure where you connect them to.

Has anyone done this? I want to reduce the time to 10 seconds since the battery life of this thing is pretty bad...

It looks like in the manual you jumper the inner and outer ring pads to each other via solder blob
View attachment 70193
Yeah, I’ll have to look at the PCB when I get home- not sure I noticed the pads to the right on mine.

It’s odd that the factory default is 20sec, but wouldn’t there alteady be a jumper from Pt 1 to it’s corresponding outer pad for that?

Yeah, I’ll have to look at the PCB when I get home- not sure I noticed the pads to the right on mine.
I don't thinks it's the pads to the right. Looks like 2 inner circular pads and the conjoined semi circle E shaped pad around them. I think one of mine(TC2 maybe) has a secret menu you can change it in. But not sure. I know I had to access it to get it to function in English instead of Chinese.
It’s odd that the factory default is 20sec, but wouldn’t there alteady be a jumper from Pt 1 to it’s corresponding outer pad for that?

I suspect you have to jumper to the pad north of P1/2 as I see no other logical reason to run that trace over there, but I can't say for certain.
Maybe a dumb question, but do you have vanilla TC1, or is it a TC2, T7? Is that USBC? If it is, that's an updated model. OG TC1 had micro USB.
I ask because that looks like a T7 PCB.

@jwin615 yep it’s a basic TC1. It’s odd- there‘s the pad above Pt2, but also one below Pt1 that seems to connect to a padless disc..? Yeesh!

So that bigger battery should work with this? I’m not opposed to trying that. I’ve never ordered from Ali Express, though. I’d find one on Amazon or something.

@Brett I keep it plugged into USB power half the time since it dies mid-session! Mine must have a weak battery.

Last edited:
Back