AION Ember ( Amptweaker tight metal)

Paradox916

There seems to be a lot of talk about this one lately, butI have only seen a couple of build reports, and I will admit, I never paid attention to the amp tweaker stuff because I just dislike the name..(petty I know, I guess marketing works both ways) but that changed when I realized who was the 🧠s behind it… IMG_0217.jpeg

being designed by the same guy that gave birth to the modern metal sound I was compelled to build it, but being kinda of a tube snob when it comes to high gain I had my doubts, there has only been a couple of pedals that come close to what I want from a DIY dirt pedal of this nature,
IMG_0212.jpeg
TMB being a prerequisite, but despite not having the classic 3 controls the abundance of knobs and switches get the job done just as well, how does it sound? If you are into the 5150, 6505 sound, it’s pretty damn good for a pedal, Although I really didn’t hear or feel a huge difference when switching between 9v and 18v it seemed more subtle than I expected.
IMG_0213.jpeg
The board pop went as easy as you would hope the trick to this one was definitely drilling the enclosure and mounting switches with as big as the PCB is it wasn’t going to be very forgiving but having a little patience and taking your time it’s not that bad. At the end of the day this might be my new go to solid state pedal for high gain.

Back