Aion fx Lovetone pedals.

Anthonyj

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
I finished my 3rd and 4th builds.

Small con for both of these builds..... holes.... so many holes.... they each have over 20 drill points lol.

The xenotron / lovetone flange with no name.
I had some issues with this build, you can view my troubleshooting post about it. After that I really enjoyed the sound of the flanger but relaized I keep it pretty mild almost chorus-y. The settings that i was using make the vibrato almost too much when kicked on to blend well with flanger. While adding a delay into the time loop makes the flanger even more awesome you basically lose the ability to turn on that delay pedal by itself. The size of the pedal is only a little off putting but it's not too bad. But this modulation is not for me. Thinking between the sea horse/ low tide/ or ceaser.

The spectron / lovetone meatball.
This build went fine after drilling everything, I used it as a break between the xenotron. This is an awesome envelope filter if your willing to play with knobs and swithces. There are a ton of funky quacky tones to pull out of this pedal for bass and probably guitar. All of the knobs interact with each other so it can be alitttle time consuming to dial a tone in but still worth it. The only two down sides of this pedal is the fx loop which sounds good if you put dirt in there, but like the xenotron you lose the ability to use that pedal alone. The other is a minor tidbit the external trigger location if I thought ahead I would have moved it to the input side of the pedal.

Attachments

• 20240106_211454.jpg
    20240106_211454.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240106_211555.jpg
    20240106_211555.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 71
For the meatball, you can find the instruction manual online, it’s really helpful. It has knob positions and descriptions. Good jumping off point. It took me forever to make it quack, I thought I was doing something wrong.

it can be alitttle time consuming to dial a tone
You are right, but it's only time consuming when you are not familiar with the device. If you use it often, you will get used to it, a few months and it's much simpler to quickly find good settings, in my experience.

Last edited:
I just made a Spectron as well. for the filter switch, which way is the Moog filter, up or down? I cannot hear it.

I believe it's in the up position for two reasons. One the quack sounds more round in the up position to my ears and a little bit stiffer in down position. Also even though the docs don't mention it specifically there is a small section that talks about if you want to omit the switch all together. This is done by bridging the top two pads together which would mean the switch in permanently in the down position.

So based on that the moog is the up position on the swtich.

Back