AION Quadratron

djmiyta

Ok I’m definitely doing something wrong. Again I’ve built a doppelgänger clone everything seems to work as it should but the most important part. The actual effected sound. Just clean sound . I’m pretty sure it’s the wiring or my choice of jacks possibly. I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer
If vactrol LEDs light up and I can see that the pots are affecting the LEDs I assume that I would get phasing or is it not the case?
In this build I did sub in LM358 for the TL022 could that be an issue since they’re responsible for the LFO if I understand that right?
Lastly using an audio probe with just a test tone where are places I would I find the wet signal happening on the outputs of the Lm358’s I can kinda read a schematic just not well enough to follow the audio path
Thanks

Attachments

• EA122FE8-88B7-47CF-BE3D-F1D6535ECA8F.jpeg
    EA122FE8-88B7-47CF-BE3D-F1D6535ECA8F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Ok I’m definitely doing something wrong. Again I’ve built a doppelgänger clone everything seems to work as it should but the most important part. The actual effected sound. Just clean sound . I’m pretty sure it’s the wiring or my choice of jacks possibly. I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer
If vactrol LEDs light up and I can see that the pots are affecting the LEDs I assume that I would get phasing or is it not the case?
In this build I did sub in LM358 for the TL022 could that be an issue since they’re responsible for the LFO if I understand that right?
Lastly using an audio probe with just a test tone where are places I would I find the wet signal happening on the outputs of the Lm358’s I can kinda read a schematic just not well enough to follow the audio path
Thanks
Hey djmiyta I know it’s an obvious one but did you check that the guitar cables are routed correctly?

Wow brain fart moment djmiyta thanks now I’m getting a very very little modulation I can only hear a modulated signal when LFO 1 rate is maxed out . I don’t know maybe trying TL022’s might get it right but now I’m 3 for 3 on these Lovetone clones not working like they should. Never had any problems like these on ANY other builds just don’t know what I’m doing wrong

Just a update On my build (and all my Lovetone clone builds) the effects are very subtle and almost all the wet signal comes into play at the end of the pots turn so in a small area small turns seem to affect it but there’s not a lot really happening. Maybe my expectations are too high and I got sucked into the hype I don’t know but for all the work going into these …. Maybe time to look elsewhere for the effects I want . Any suggestions for a good phaser and filter with bells and whistles like the doppelgänger and meatball?Thats a DIY project that has obtainable parts and doesn’t require crazy extra setup (like needing a scope or the likes)

I've found it to be a very subtle phaser with only 4 optical stages that are split over two separate ranges. Most of the controls need to be all the way up to get much. Most of the "bells and whistles" on the doppleganger and meatball seem to take away, they don't add. For optical phasing I'm a big fan of the Mutron II/Bi-Phase. The Pedalpcb Duo-Phase is a good one.

I've found it to be a very subtle phaser with only 4 optical stages that are split over two separate ranges. Most of the controls need to be all the way up to get much. Most of the "bells and whistles" on the doppleganger and meatball seem to take away, they don't add. For optical phasing I'm a big fan of the Mutron II/Bi-Phase. The Pedalpcb Duo-Phase is a good one.
Hey thank you for the suggestion I’ve built the Phaser 2 nice and thick phasing being a DIY pedal junkie love the building hate the troubleshooting . Does the duo phase have some similar fictions as the doppelgänger?

Hey thank you for the suggestion I’ve built the Phaser 2 nice and thick phasing being a DIY pedal junkie love the building hate the troubleshooting . Does the duo phase have some similar fictions as the doppelgänger?
The Duo-Phase is 2x Mutron Phase II that can be synched, inverted, or used independently. With 2x six stage phasers instead of 2x two stage phasers, there is a lot more juiciness to work with. The Duo-Phase does not have square wave phasing, but outside of reggae dub, I've never heard that used practically.

Just what I needed to hear thank you. Without looking at the build docs any parts in the build that were hard to come by? PEDALPCB seems to do a good making boards with fairly easily obtainable parts but sometimes…..

Only as of late last 2 orders several were way out of spec compared to previous 2 orders and I had a couple mechanical failures. But really in reality as cheap as they are I can 10-12 from Tayda for the price of 1 Bournes pot. Maybe Tayda just had a bad factory day ?

Wait, who's having the issue? Djmiyta or other dimiyta?

Is it a doppelganger or a clone?

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PULL THIS THREAD?!?
i believe its pronounced d J miyta and it is a clone build the AION Quadratron. I got it working by putting the proper jacks in.
If you pull the thread the forum will drain.

Back