All the FV-1 boards sold out

A little solder paste can be dotted on a contact is great, and/or hi tack flux. Plastic tweezers to hold it while soldering the first leg or two. Narrow iron tips, a light touch.

Good to practice on some SOIC to DIP8 conversion boards: TL072's are readily available in SOIC, and if it works out you can use them later.

My personal experience with SMD, is as suggested, narrow tips, but with a Flux pen, and a hot air reworks station, it makes life way easier to solder these types of things. I usually tin the pads properly first, then clam the chip to the board, lined up properly, and crank the hot air station, flux pen the hell out of it, and the hot air melts everything into place (as designed of course haha). The SMD / Hotair rework station and Solder Station is the BEST investment I ever made when it comes to working with electronics. This is what I use. While not a super high end system, it's a basic, common Chinese station that is cloned / mass produced EVERYWHERE. If you look around, you can find these relatively cheaper, as I think I paid like $68 for mine on sale, but still, the price of $110 isn't bad at all for what you get.

Back