An Open Source Programmable Effects Switcher

Ouch!

I bought mine so long ago I don't remember the price (bought it from the HK rep), but I assure you it was NOT EVEN CLOSE to that!
Holy SheepDip Blatman!

I saw the post that said they're back in stock and thought: "I should get another one while..." — NOPE NOOOOOPE NOOPE NOPE.

If your patient and look around a little the Carl Martin octaswitch can be had pretty cheap. I got mine pretty much brand new in the box for little under 150.

The only problem trying to figure out how to route my signal chain because 8 pedals isn’t enough lol. Hell I currently have 3 delays. One running through an xotic z blend in parallel in the effects loop of my bad cat Cub 40 which has a passive effects loop, a halo running in stereo to separate amps and a DMM in mono running to both amps. Before the delays I have an orange detonator buffered aby with phase switch. Modulation before the aby because none have stereo inputs.

Don’t even wanna get until drives and boosts.

If your patient and look around a little the Carl Martin octaswitch can be had pretty cheap. I got mine pretty much brand new in the box for little under 150.

The only problem trying to figure out how to route my signal chain because 8 pedals isn’t enough lol. Hell I currently have 3 delays. One running through an xotic z blend in parallel in the effects loop of my bad cat Cub 40 which has a passive effects loop, a halo running in stereo to separate amps and a DMM in mono running to both amps. Before the delays I have an orange detonator buffered aby with phase switch. Modulation before the aby because none have stereo inputs.

Don’t even wanna get until drives and boosts.

The Octaswitch is appealing but only has two control outputs.

I’m not a banding this project but I’m also looking at used Boss ES-8 units.

Those things are insane and have no real competition in the switching game.

I'm trying to build my switcher/looper since 2016 but I get get stuck every now and then after a few days because there is always one thing missing or totally messed up. Or I tinker with it every few months would be the better phrasing.
If you build something like this I suggest not to use one single microcontroller and hook up everything directly like BYOC did it. Mine uses shift registers for input and output which makes it compatible to a lot of microcontrollers. Read Switches, controll relays, midi in/out, mute, expression pedal input (for who knows what...) and an amp channel controll. Right now everything depends on two damn jacks because I soldered everything on perf which is a pain to swap parts and traces... After that it should be finished. Soon... 2026
Maybe I should stop building pedals and do stuff that really counts :)
This is the first version with no mute, no expression in, no channel switch but with a lot of funny noise in the audio signal...
IMG_8100.JPG IMG_8096.jpg

I got mine from BYOC. I had pcbs and parts to build one, but I just wasn't into it because I didn't know as much then as I do now. Still don't regret it, though. :p

Back