Any way to sort OD pedals by “type”?

Spoiled for choice is the problem!

I was looking to build a Bluesbreaker type OD (with my own dinky mods) and as usual my first thought was to come to PedalPCB. But because there are so, so many OD options I was struggling to sort through which choices are in the “Bluesbreaker” camp (as opposed to TS, Klon, Timmy, Nobels, etc.) Given that I don’t have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the options on the page, it would be handy to be able to further sort into “families of OD,” if you will.

If I missed something obvious please slap me.

Don’t get me wrong - this is a great problem to have.

FYI - there two versions of the Bluesbreaker that delineated pedals are based on. The main difference is two resistors in the first op amp stage. For example, KoT is based on the V1, and the Morning Glory is based on the V2 and has more aggressive upper mids and treble. It is possible to put the options for these two resistors on a dpdt switch and it’ll go a long way to covering both types!

The aion fx cerulean build docs explain this very well.

FYI - there two versions of the Bluesbreaker that delineated pedals are based on.

The aion fx cerulean build docs explain this very well.
Great suggestion, I have my eye on those build documents as well as the BYOC and GGG. It seems the V1 vs V2 debate is the “Centaur magic diodes“ for this style of pedal.

Just throwing my two cents in - I’ve built the standard bluesbreaker, king of tone, pantheon, and Aion’s older version (they just released a new version recently).

I thought the Pantheon was the most useful, because it has a bunch of the mods and they’re all on the outside (volume boost, bass control, clipping options, gain range, and the internal treble/presence knob is also on the outside).

After playing with that one, I realized I don’t need most of the mods, and I’m happy with the standard gain range. The only thing I need is the extra volume, which most (if not all) the non-standard versions of the bluesbreaker will have. So I’ve been using the Aion one. It has soft/hard clipping options, but I don’t really change them!

Back