Backfeeder not stopping feedbacking?

quazimoto

Howdy all! So I never owned the original pedal that this one is similar too. In my mind I assumed that holding down the momentary switch created the “feedback” and releasing it allowed it to trail out and go back to normal operation. It seems once the momentary switch it depressed the feedback never ceases, even when the pedal is switched back into bypass and then back into operation the feedback is still continuing. The only way to stop it is to completely remove the power supply. Is this normal operation?

Last edited:
This is not normal operation.

The build docs don't make this clear enough (I'll see about correcting that) so just to be sure...

Make sure your momentary footswitch is oriented correctly. If the Normally Open lugs are on the bottom it will not behave as expected.

You can verify this with a DMM, or even easier, try holding down the footswitch while you play, then release it when you want feedback to occur. If it behaves in this manner your footswitch is likely flipped around the wrong way.

Thank you! That was it. I have noticed a rhythmic noise in the background regardless of the pedal is engaged or not. Would this be a grounding issue maybe?

Back