Bad power supply hurting pedals?

Fuzz Wizard

I’ve been very happy with all the pedals I’ve built from pedalpcb so far. They’ve sounded great, but over the last few weeks it seems like almost all of my fuzz pedals sound extremely muddy no matter how I set them up. I’ve just been using a 1spot wallwort with the pedals daisy chained , and I’m wondering if that has caused this issue. Even changing the eq on my amp (crush pro 120 combo) doesn’t seem to fix this. What could be the issue?

I’ve been very happy with all the pedals I’ve built from pedalpcb so far. They’ve sounded great, but over the last few weeks it seems like almost all of my fuzz pedals sound extremely muddy no matter how I set them up. I’ve just been using a 1spot wallwort with the pedals daisy chained , and I’m wondering if that has caused this issue. Even changing the eq on my amp (crush pro 120 combo) doesn’t seem to fix this. What could be the issue?
Have you put anything in front of them recently? Like anything that might have a buffer in it?

Try isolating them, if there aren’t huge numbers, just as single pedals. That gives you a baseline. If you had enough smaller supplies, or batteries that you could use, you could also see if it is a power related issue. But I think @jimilee is on the right track, and it’s impedance/signal related rather than power. Most fuzzes (esp. the ones where placement is important) tend to have tiny current draw, so I can’t imagine you’re overloading the supply.

Try isolating them, if there aren’t huge numbers, just as single pedals. That gives you a baseline. If you had enough smaller supplies, or batteries that you could use, you could also see if it is a power related issue. But I think @jimilee is on the right track, and it’s impedance/signal related rather than power. Most fuzzes (esp. the ones where placement is important) tend to have tiny current draw, so I can’t imagine you’re overloading the supply.
Yep! When I isolated one the problem is totally gone. Now just to keep adding more and seeing where things mess up. Thanks a ton!

Back