*Bellum MKI*

Kroars

Hello all,

Im about to build a couple of the Bellum MKI’s and noticed the *27k* resistor and two *ge diodes* listed on the silk screen. I searched through the forum and only found a mention about the 27k.

I don’t suppose anyone knows why these particular components have the * on each side of the value?

Should I leave them out? Jumper them? Or add them in?

Thanks!

Oh so if the 27k is removed then the 2 germanium diodes aren't doing anything since they connect to that 27k. Supposedly it's a difference between some of the v1 models.

I was planning on putting the diodes in and then using a switch to put the 27k in or out of the circuit.

Oh so if the 27k is removed then the 2 germanium diodes aren't doing anything since they connect to that 27k. Supposedly it's a difference between some of the v1 models.

I was planning on putting the diodes in and then using a switch to put the 27k in or out of the circuit.
That’s a great idea! Thanks

There's a schematic at FuzzDog; the 27k is R25 so definitely looks like if it's missing then D3/4 are not in the circuit. I think the confusion comes from the fact that there's a pic of a v1 floating around that has D3/4 populated but R25 is missing. So there are production units that have 2 useless diodes in them I guess.

Back