Belton Brick question

jwyles90

Hey all!

So I'm putting together the parts for the Spirit Box reverb pedal, and saw that it uses a Belton brick, which I've never used. This is probably a super easy question, but how exactly do I put this on the PCB? Does it like, fold up against the underside of the board itself and then I solder the leads from the component side? Thanks!

You are exactly right. I just built one myself. No black magic. Awesome pedal btw. I love mine.
Awesome! Did you socket it at all, or just solder directly onto the PCB?
Also I've heard on here that there's some unity volume issues, did you do the mod to replace R4 with an 18k resistor or have you not noticed any volume drop?

Awesome! Did you socket it at all, or just solder directly onto the PCB?
Also I've heard on here that there's some unity volume issues, did you do the mod to replace R4 with an 18k resistor or have you not noticed any volume drop?
i did not socket it. i hooked alligator clips to the leads to dissipate the heat but that may not be necessary. i havent built that particular project so i can’t tell you about mods.

I didn't socket. There is a unity volume issue as you mention and you are spot on. That resistor swap will do the trick.

Following a suggestion from one of the threads on the forums, I socketed mine using a single row pin header. Makes troubleshooting under the brick possible, but you need to make sure the brick is well connected and secure when it goes into the enclosure.

The term ‘fold up’ in your OP is odd to me. Make sure you get the H version, and leads will already be bent

The term ‘fold up’ in your OP is odd to me. Make sure you get the H version, and leads will already be bent
I'm waiting on it to arrive in the mail, but I got the one that was available on Stompbox Parts. "Fold" probably wasn't the right term to use, I was more curious if it was tucked on the underside of the PCB or if it was supposed to be on the component side too.

Back
Top Bottom