Benson amp layout?

CanadianDave

Hey there,

I’m wondering if anyone can help me.

I’m crunching the numbers on trying my first DIY amp. The Benson Dizzy bird would be a great option, but I’m not able to see/access the layouts and schematics on The Amp Garage, because I’m not a forum member.

I tried to register, but there seems to be no response from the admin.

Would anyone out there have a copy that they could send me?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,I am a member at that forum.
Send me a link with the post with the files that you want and I will download them for you.
Dimitris

Last edited:
Looks like an interesting little amp. I'd love to get the schematics too if you find them
whenever I build a pedal or guitar, I always consider if it’s a good return on investment, or a way to get gear that would otherwise be out of my budget.

It’s more tempting to spend the same amount of effort and money to clone a $400 fuzz vs a $90 fuzz.

With amps, it seems like it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense economically to go the DIY route. Unless it’s a Benson. From what I can gather, going DIY on one of these amps would be a fraction of cost.

whenever I build a pedal or guitar, I always consider if it’s a good return on investment, or a way to get gear that would otherwise be out of my budget.

It’s more tempting to spend the same amount of effort and money to clone a $400 fuzz vs a $90 fuzz.

With amps, it seems like it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense economically to go the DIY route. Unless it’s a Benson. From what I can gather, going DIY on one of these amps would be a fraction of cost.
Random connection, I live in Oregon and work in a town called Indepedence. Theres a little music shop/lesson place there ran by this guy who I will describe as somewhat eccentric. I wander in there from time to time on lunch buy strings etc check out what he has in there. Well the first time I went in there was a benson Cab sitting there a little benson combo and a benson head. I made a comment about wow you have a bensons in here. His response was well when theres one named after me. I kind of blew it off figured his last name was benson and he was just making some wise crack. Nope the combo is called the Nathan and that guy is the Nathan its named after and his little store is a non profit that a portion of the sales gets donated too. Anyways, I too would love to see the schematic. Thinking of building an amp was eye small wattage but really wanted a true spring reverb with it.

Back