Deciding on first amp build

I’m ready for an amp build.

I started building pedals about 8 months ago. I have 35 builds under my belt.

As I’ve been working on the guitar tracks for my band’s EP, I realized 3 out of 4 songs don’t use any pedals. So I’m recording my parts from a guitar plugged straight into a tube amp.

I mean, what am I doing with my life? Clearly I need more amps!

I have dreams of something like a deluxe reverb, but I know I’m not there yet.

So I’m thinking either 5F1, 5F2, or 5E3 to get my feet wet.

Thought the 5F2 by Weber would be a cool kit. They have a 1x12 option and TV front, which is appealing.

I know there are some experienced amp builders around here. So if anyone has 2 cents on parts, kits, I’m all ears!
I will link these videos that I watched recently here, for everyone, just for some basic safety.

I’m ready for an amp build.

I started building pedals about 8 months ago. I have 35 builds under my belt.

As I’ve been working on the guitar tracks for my band’s EP, I realized 3 out of 4 songs don’t use any pedals. So I’m recording my parts from a guitar plugged straight into a tube amp.

I mean, what am I doing with my life? Clearly I need more amps!

I have dreams of something like a deluxe reverb, but I know I’m not there yet.

So I’m thinking either 5F1, 5F2, or 5E3 to get my feet wet.

Thought the 5F2 by Weber would be a cool kit. They have a 1x12 option and TV front, which is appealing.

I know there are some experienced amp builders around here. So if anyone has 2 cents on parts, kits, I’m all ears!
Go big, build a Brownout 1000:

InsanityAmp1.jpg

Matamp. I priced that hilbish build for a friend and you could almost buy a matamp for what it would cost
Ah right. That's another thing for the OP that other threads here have pointed out, that unlike pedals, building your own amp won't be saving any money.

Also, when I started looking into this I compared the cost of a kit to sourcing everything by myself. The price was similar.

Ah right. That's another thing for the OP that other threads here have pointed out, that unlike pedals, building your own amp won't be saving any money.

Also, when I started looking into this I compared the cost of a kit to sourcing everything by myself. The price was similar.
Most of the time, I'd rather build something than buy one. But a matamp is cool enough, I'd kinda rather just have a real one

Back