best method for noob to put graphics on pedal

The fact that you can get such good results from that crummy yellow paper makes you a goddam wizard in my book. That paper made me look like a fool for about two weeks before I gave up on it.
I think it's all about the timing and how you remove it

If your enclosures prepped and sanded flat with 180 which is between course and fine and keys it up nicely there's plenty of grip for the transfer

Then imo if you iron it too long you ain't getting it off without loosing some it'll stick fast 7 to 10 minutes is max for me

Sit yer iron on for 5 minutes ironing it once or twice then iron for 2 to 4 minutes with a bit of pressure

Then once you see it showing through run it under cold water till you start seeing it easily

Peeling a corner and running the tap under it whilst gently prying it up seems to get it off easier or sometimes I'll peel a coupla corners run it under the tap for 10 minutes and fling it in a basin of cold water and leave it quite often after a while it's almost completely off

The actual toner doesn't take that long to melt the crucial bit is getting it adhered initially and getting it off

I've tried lots of timings but 7 to 10 is where I get my best results

Back