(Best Paul Hogan voice) You call that a pedal? Now this, this is a pedal!

Pauleo1214

The inspiration from this pedal came from watching Sweetwater interview Jamie Stillman on his six favorite pedals. One sound he was fond of was the combination of the Data Corrupter, Hummingbird, and Grand Orbiter. After hearing that I knew I had to have that sound but in a single box! Thus, the Glitch Witch was born. She is made of one Superheterodyne Receiver running into a Woodpecker Tremolo and a Phase II. I wanted to use the Circulator but was limited by the size of the 1590XX. I was lucky it mostly fired up on the first try. The Phase II did not power up; I am embarassed to admit that it took me a couple hours to realize I soldered the 1n5817 diode backwards. Hope you guys enjoy!

20210507_015811.jpg

Attachments

• 20210507_015827.jpg
    20210507_015827.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words everyone. As for the sounds, it's pretty wild and very synthy. I pieced together a quick demo, please pardon my awful playing. It starts with the clean signal, then each effect on its own, then a sample riff wach effect being turned on in tandem.

Link to the demo is here.
The sound you're getting at about 1:06 is pretty rad. You're going to have a lot of fun with that thing.

What a great idea!
Very cool pedal.

If you make another one, I suggest putting the outer stompers up just above the screw-wells of the enclosure and against the outer walls. Might make access to each stomper a wee bit easier. Maybe, I don't know, haven't tried mashing this much in to one enclosure yet, but I will...

Back