Blender testing before boxing?

Svenson007

Hey guys!

So the Blender (fender blender) is one of my favourite builds lately. I have another completed circuit (in the pic below.)
But it always makes me nervous to drill an enclosure and do all the wiring hoping it works. I had one fail recently, and that was a huge letdown for me. I have somebody Im building this one for. I’ve had mostly success.

I’m always big on testing with other circuits. I just simply take a bunch of alligator clip wires, and strip one end. I just twist the wire on one end so it can be inserted into the input/output, and use the alligator clips for the input and output jacks. Then clip the from the jacks for grounding on a 9v battery.

Some day I’ll build a testing rig. But for now I use my limited time to build pedals, and this method of testing is pretty basic, but works just fine.

I can’t figure out how to test this type of wiring though (pic below) I like building the Twill deluxe as well with the same wiring…. But don’t feel I need to test that one. It is pretty hard to screw that one up with the minimal part count. I’m not sure how to test klons either.

Does anyone know a way to go about testing this type of wiring? It’s a little foggy because it was last week. But I tried to come up with a way to test a blender…. But I just can think of how.

I did try to find an in and out just to get anything out of it. I have one of those pens from Germany that inject a signal and one wire is attached to the out etc… then you use the pen to find where their is trouble.

When I inject sound straight into the input (with the pedal receiving voltage) it does beep it’s was through. But that doesn’t always guarantee the build is all good.

Sorry this is a long one. But I’m desperately trying to find a way using this style wiring to test properly ( or not properly if it works haha.

Cheers, thanks for reading this.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1
What's the problem with testing? The boost footswitch? You can test it with jumpers. The wiring diagram shows the connections. One switch position connects the leftmost pad to the pad next to it, and the other position connects the pink wire pad to the green wire pad, in addition to connecting the black and blue wire pads
1000006198.png

What's the problem with testing? The boost footswitch? You can test it with jumpers. The wiring diagram shows the connections. One switch position connects the leftmost pad to the pad next to it, and the other position connects the pink wire pad to the green wire pad, in addition to connecting the black and blue wire pads
View attachment 80888
Thanks for the time Harry. I guess I’m looking for a way to test it without actually wiring it to a switch. I know that’s the proper way, I’ve built pedals with this style of wiring before. But that’s just sort of building it to see if it works no? I was hoping for a way similar to how I usually test with the alligator clips etc. (what I was talking about above.) My ghetto way of testing straight forward pedals.

I was hoping for a way to just show me some signs of life before finishing the build. I gotcha on the boost. I guess I’ll give that a go first.

I just hate finishing a pedal off before I know 100% it will work.

Back