Blue Brothers

temol

Well... actually not blue. It's turquoise. But Blue Brothers seems a catchier name for the topic than Turquoise Brothers. Or PANTONE 313 C Brothers :)

Here's my take on a Broadcast. Larger box - dual footswitch, smaller one - regular Broadcast. Boards of my design, same with the enclosures.
Powder cotated finish (fine structure), laser engraved faceplates.
Dual has GT402G transistor, the other has Tewa TG5 transistor (supposedly OC71 equivalent).

IMG_20220419_184824.jpg IMG_20220419_184734.jpg

ps.
Guess what these boxes are for ;)
IMG_20220415_082441_1.jpg

They look magnificent. Pantone 313C is a beauty to behold!

The enclosures look accessible for a "normal" person to build, what's your experience there? Did you need much of an investment in tooling?

The enclosures look accessible for a "normal" person to build, what's your experience there? Did you need much of an investment in tooling?

If you're technically skilled person - should be no problem. It just takes time to get to know the tools, their limitations, etc.
You need sheet metal bender (Box & Pan brake type, prices starting from 300-400 EUR), metal cutting tools ( hand sherar, 100EUR), drill press (100 EUR), some additional tools.
If you want to powder coat @ home then add another 500-600EUR

I'm really digging those bent enclosures. 125b size enclosures are so convenient to find and build in, but my favorite enclosures have always been the big box EHX enclosures and the Way Huge boxes. There's just something about that construction that reminds me of old industrial devices or something.

Back