Boosted Muff Octave Up Tremolo

mbenbranch

Commissioned build for a buddy. He does not play guitar but makes all kind of synth-y , ambient music and wanted a way to work some analog pedal circuits into his "no input mixer" recordings.

After he explained what he had in mind, I realized I had almost everything I needed in GPCB boards already. Since I wasn't going to approach this from my personal guitar pedal preferences, I figured these circuits would give him the sounds he was looking for.

He had an artist friend paint the enclosure and send it my way. It's a Stage 3 boost and a Ram's Head Muff with an order switcher. Then the signal goes to a loop, to an Green Ringer octave up and then EA Tremolo.

I'm waiting on him to send me some samples with this in the synth context, but I did play it with my rig before I sent it out. The boosted Muff tones were enough to add that to my ever growing build list.

PXL_20230716_010307214.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg PXL_20230716_011012915.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20230716_011131076.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hot damn that is a beautiful pedal. I can't get over how cool the layout is too!

Barry at GPCB is looking for photogenic pedals to showcase and this should definitely be one of them, even if it's not a conventional pedal.

I looked at the pictures before reading your blurb, and I was about to spit some vitriol about the positions of the foot switches. But, tabletop makes sense 😅

I'm looking forward to the sound samples. It sounds like it makes some rad noise

Thanks all for the kind words.

No sound clips yet, but my buddy did message me about the fuzz. He was not familiar with using one at all and was surprised how it made some intervals sound awesome and some sound absolutely terrible.

He said he was Googling around to find some explanation of what was going on with that phenomenon but found mostly "guitar boneheads."

He has no idea what he is getting into.

Back