Breadboarding L-PBJ with a modified BMP tone control

KR Sound

I've followed this tutorial and got it to work perfectly with the tone control as is, but I'd like to try to add a bass and treble based on a modified BMP. Is there anything I need to do differently before or after the circuit? What I get is either

This works great with and the clipping diodes:
1674320926009.png

This is what I'm trying to do, and I'm wondering if there's anything I should add or change before or coming out of it for best results:
1674320966441.png

taken from here:

atone2.gif

Last edited:
I think if you replaced the 47k resistors with a b100k pot like the usual BMP setup you'd get a lot more of an effect by altering the blend of those two filters. Just call it the Contour control.

Did you try the Amz tone stack to see how you like the results or the box and all?
I’m not familiar with that one- I’ll have to check it out.
I think if you replaced the 47k resistors with a b100k pot like the usual BMP setup you'd get a lot more of an effect by altering the blend of those two filters. Just call it the Contour control.
That’s an interesting idea. I plan on building this for a friend at some point, and I’ll try that.

Did you try the Amz tone stack to see how you like the results or the box and all?

Such an amazing site with a TON of things to try on the breadboard…

Ah, yes, I know what you’re talking about.

I actually had this drawn out, but for whatever reason didn’t try it. Maybe I will now.

Back