Breaking stripboard apart

Does the stuff from SBP have through-hole plating (!) or just copper on each side? The stuff I get from a local electronics store is just strips of copper on one side. I like it because it's easy to changes parts around when you're experimenting but holds up just fine in a pedal. With PCBs through-hole playing is probably a good thing for longevity but it makes modification a PITA.
 
Does the stuff from SBP have through-hole plating (!) or just copper on each side? The stuff I get from a local electronics store is just strips of copper on one side. I like it because it's easy to changes parts around when you're experimenting but holds up just fine in a pedal. With PCBs through-hole playing is probably a good thing for longevity but it makes modification a PITA.
Screen Shot 2026-10-03 at 9.44.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2026-10-03 at 9.43.57 AM.png

I bet it's excellent stuff, it's just pricier and harder to break apart, sounds like. Not sure if I'd be crazy about the through-hole plating, although it allows you to solder from the top if that's your thing!
 
Back
Top