Brownout Overdrive

I don't mind the Vex '59 Sound but it's a bit noisier than I'd like. For me the Variac and Plexi Breed are a notch above the Vex stuff.

Having said that I should probably try it again!
I use the 59 for a mild overdrive sound rather than a cranked one. What I like about it is it doesn't compress my signal, the EQ is nice and full, and the texture is great with both chords and single notes. It can do cranked tones nicely, but I have it dialed back with the gain at about 1 o'clock
 
I don’t think he meant to put the 59 Sound in the same category as the Plexi Breed and Brownout. It’s a good low gainer and to me sounds more low gain British until you get the gain knob up and then you get the Tweed type breakup. It’s an interesting drive but I’ve always thought Mosfets had a nice touch sensitivity too them.

I just finished populating my Brownout pcb and realized I’m out of b50k for the Pentodes pot…I wonder which would work best an A taper or C taper? Or should I just wait for my B taper to come in.
 
Back
Top