Build documentation updates

Question for PedalPCB: Why cant you simply include the drilling template page on the build documents while you are waiting to complete the build documentation? Sometimes it takes months before the build documentation is there just to get a drill layout. You shouldn't sell boards we cant finish without the drill templates or build documentation. Most common ones people can find, but the odd layout boards require the drill template.
All the drill templates are identical. Take a little time to find another PCB with the same layout. Sure it takes a little more time, but you don’t have to wait on someone to make one.

One thing that might be kind of easy to do and would be handy would be just a place on the forum that has different drill templates and just the drill templates. Like 5 pot 125b (3 on top), 3 pot 125b with switch, I imagine 90% of the pcbs on here could be covered in 10ish templates. I have dug around and used the drill templates for lots of stuff not what they are for though and its pretty easy. Just open up the overdrive page and scroll til you see a board with the same configuration for pots/switches etc.

One thing that might be kind of easy to do and would be handy would be just a place on the forum that has different drill templates and just the drill templates. Like 5 pot 125b (3 on top), 3 pot 125b with switch, I imagine 90% of the pcbs on here could be covered in 10ish templates. I have dug around and used the drill templates for lots of stuff not what they are for though and its pretty easy. Just open up the overdrive page and scroll til you see a board with the same configuration for pots/switches etc.
This sorta exists here, albeit you can't just print it and do it that way, you can measure based on the center and given coordinates in the templates there.
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/forums/drilltemplates/

This sorta exists here, albeit you can't just print it and do it that way, you can measure based on the center and given coordinates in the templates there.
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/forums/drilltemplates/
ah yea, I don't care too much just would be somewhat handy for newer designs. I've never had an issue though. I do need to try that tayda drilling service though, I always have a hard time with accepting not doing it yourself when its a diy project, but some of them ive seen posted on here with the powder coats and pre drilled makes me have second thoughts on that.

My OP for build docs are just for having the opportunity to read the schematics upfront to a possible build. I never (up to now) did a build without modification. I need the schematics to understand the possibilities I have. With the TSV 808 schematic I want to understand the Saturation pot.

My OP for build docs are just for having the opportunity to read the schematics upfront to a possible build. I never (up to now) did a build without modification. I need the schematics to understand the possibilities I have. With the TSV 808 schematic I want to understand the Saturation pot.
+1 on the TSV 808 schematic being something I want to verify against before boxing up my 95% complete build. I'm experienced enough to be confident adding mods but still green enough to want to double check against the schem before I go and screw something up. :oops:

I'll also weigh in and agree with most other posters on this thread that 99% of the time I have what I need to complete a build with just the board and a drill template for another project that shares the layout. Another 0.5% of the time I can find what I need by doing a forum search. That leaves 0.5% where I have to hope Robert (or Fig or Chuck or...etc.) eventually makes a comment on a thread that answers the question.

Back