Build wont pass signal, LED doesn't light, basically nothing.

Nightendday86

So I used one of the breakout boards for the switch, and have a el sol not showing any signs of life. I'm ok if it's a write off but wondering what y'all think. I think before I realized My iron wasnt tinned I may have lifted some traces.. but even if the board didn't work, shouldn't my LED light, and it should pass signal when off... right?

pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_183726.jpg
    IMG_20220314_183726.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220314_183809.jpg
    IMG_20220314_183809.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220314_183822.jpg
    IMG_20220314_183822.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Wow
Reactions: fig
Hi,
Did you check for continuity between the switchboard and the pcb pads, and both jacks ?

Edit : Maybe Big Monk meant pictures from the soldering side, as legible as possible, to make it easier on weary eyes, please.

Last edited:
Hi,
Did you check for continuity between the switchboard and the pcb pads, and both jacks ?

Edit : Maybe Big Monk meant pictures from the soldering side, as legible as possible, to make it easier on weary eyes, please.
I think I may have damaged the ribbon cable, however, I will clean up the board and try again tomorrow

2 things.
1. I got a few of those ribbon cables from Lovemyswitches and none of them ever seemed to work
2. I had issues with the breakout board on my Kliche overdrive. When I wired directly to the PCB from the footswitch it worked perfectly.

These may not be your problems, but they were for me so figured I'd share in case it's as easy as just changing out a couple of things.

Those ribbon cables can break internally pretty easily. Check the continuity between the PCB and the 3PDT switch.

Back
Top Bottom