Building Twinface

mtmcl14

Hey everyone I built the twinface but put the 4pdt toggle on the wrong side as well as the pots would that cool the IC chip TC044SCPA ? Also I didn’t realize I had used an A1K pot instead of a B1K for the fuzz would that have blown the IC possibly oh also the LED it got blown too any help/advice would be great thanks!

The wrong pot would not have blown the IC.

If you put the toggle on the wrong side, I'm not sure I would recover from that. It's very difficult to unsolder switches from pcb boards, especially a 4pdt.

Do you have some pics of your progress?

The wrong pot would not have blown the IC.

If you put the toggle on the wrong side, I'm not sure I would recover from that. It's very difficult to unsolder switches from pcb boards, especially a 4pdt.

Do you have some pics of your progress?
I can’t seem to upload pics of the mistake but yeah removing the switch is a job I have not wanted to do maybe I’ll take a shot at it now though

It would be easier to desolder other components (or not if they are lower in height than the switch).

Easiest solution: I'd just use the switch to mount the board in the enclosure and offboard wire the pots.

So long as the IC is correct.

Hey everyone I built the twinface but put the 4pdt toggle on the wrong side as well as the pots would that cool the IC chip TC044SCPA ? Also I didn’t realize I had used an A1K pot instead of a B1K for the fuzz would that have blown the IC possibly oh also the LED it got blown too any help/advice would be great thanks!
pots and switch backwards...thats a lot of PITA desoldering. Give it a shot if you want (get a solder sucker and/or copper braid and flux). be prepared to salvage what you can and start fresh on a new board.

Back