Byzantium clock frequency help

Trying to figure out calibration for the Byzantium before I order the board. Should I be setting the clock at 40khz like the Boss BF-2 (and where? because the schematic and TP locations are blurry and unclear on my copy. TP1 looks to be between the two chips on the board layout),

or 50khz on Pin 2 of the 3207 like the Madbean Fraudhacker?

I'm confused because TP1 on the Byzantium is Pin 2 of the 3102. I've been going back and forth between the instructions for the BF2 and Fraud, board layout views including the traces that i can see on the Byzantium board view, and my head is spinning at this point. Walking away for now.

any help is appreciated. btw- I have an o-scope and good True RMS DMM, and know how to use them. A build doc would really be helpful for this one.
thanks

Trying to figure out calibration for the Byzantium before I order the board. Should I be setting the clock at 40khz like the Boss BF-2 (and where? because the schematic and TP locations are blurry and unclear on my copy. TP1 looks to be between the two chips on the board layout),

or 50khz on Pin 2 of the 3207 like the Madbean Fraudhacker?

I'm confused because TP1 on the Byzantium is Pin 2 of the 3102. I've been going back and forth between the instructions for the BF2 and Fraud, board layout views including the traces that i can see on the Byzantium board view, and my head is spinning at this point. Walking away for now.

any help is appreciated. btw- I have an o-scope and good True RMS DMM, and know how to use them. A build doc would really be helpful for this one.
thanks
my o-scope has a signal generator

That's correct, follow the Boss service manual procedure and use TP1 as the test point.

The 3102 outputs a two-phase clock signal on pins 2 and 4, which connect to pins 6 and 2 of the 3207 (respectively).
The clock frequency could be accurately measured on either of these two nets.

I found that I actually preferred the clock at a slightly lower frequency than the 40kHz specified in the service manual.

1671299741801.png

Not sure if you will see this. I'm about to finish building this and I notice in the Boss BF-2 calibration that it mentions:
Resonance:
Set MANUAL, DEPTH knobs full counterclockwise and RES. knob full clockwise. Plug short circuit into INPUT jack. Connect OUTPUT jack to an amplifier and speaker. While touching a screwdriver to TP-2 (it appears to short the point between diodes 3 and 4 on the BF-2 board), set VR5 to the point where oscillation begins.
I'm not sure where TP-2 would be on the Byzantium board, but I'm assuming I can just set the Resonance by ear and adjust max to the point where it just starts to oscillate? thanks again.

Back