C-mos Preamp: a Sunn Beta inspired drive/preamp

lrgaraujo

A few weeks ago I've decided to breadboard a drive/preamp taking inspiration from the Sunn Beta. It's the drive section of the Beta, with the second half of the gain pot hardwired at max, converted to single 9V operation, followed by a baxandall stage. Today I've finished boxing it up.
I love the way it sounds (will try to add a demo later), and it is very quiet, which surprised me.
For the finishing, I've tried my hand at lino printing and even though it's far from perfect, I'm quite happy with it being a first try

PS: background album is Cartola's "Verde que te quero rosa" (a brazilian masterpiece) betabax2.jpg betabax.jpg

A few weeks ago I've decided to breadboard a drive/preamp taking inspiration from the Sunn Beta. It's the drive section of the Beta, with the second half of the gain pot hardwired at max, converted to single 9V operation, followed by a baxandall stage. Today I've finished boxing it up.
I love the way it sounds (will try to add a demo later), and it is very quiet, which surprised me.
For the finishing, I've tried my hand at lino printing and even though it's far from perfect, I'm quite happy with it being a first try

PS: background album is Cartola's "Verde que te quero rosa" (a brazilian masterpiece)a

PS: background album is Cartola's "Verde que te quero rosa" (a brazilian masterpiece)View attachment 41228View attachment 41229
Awesome man! Would love to listen to how it sounds! And I just got that Cartola press, indeed a masterpiece 😍😍

Awesome man! Would love to listen to how it sounds! And I just got that Cartola press, indeed a masterpiece 😍😍
Have band practice tomorrow, will see if I can record it!
That’s a cool enclosure! Did you make it?
No, this one was bought from someone (I believe it's a little company) who makes folded aluminum enclosures the size of Hammond's (this one is a 1590xx)

Back