C2CE King Nothing

Ctrl4Smilerz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This was a surprisingly straight forward build, with the very detailed build instructions. This is my first time working with tubes and I was nervous at the prospect of debugging a high voltage pedal, but fortunately everything worked the first time around, and didn't require debugging. And it sounds amazing... Love, love, love this pedal, and with the Modus Operandi in front pushing it, so good. My only regret is, the LED could be brighter. Maybe if I feel brave, I'll replace it with a brighter one. PXL_20240606_200321501.jpg PXL_20240607_140847344.jpg

Looks good! I just finished one also and it sounds great and is pretty versatile. There was a post at some point from @vigilante398 that said after about 90 seconds the caps have discharged. I had an issue with mine and I confirmed that in my troubleshooting tread. He said basically if you wait a few minutes you should be good. For LEDs I used a Clear Bright Red in mine and Clear Bright Pink in my Black Eye and they light up pretty good! Also there are changes in the resistor value that effects the LED brightness, I think, but it's probably easier to change the LED.

Looks good! I just finished one also and it sounds great and is pretty versatile. There was a post at some point from @vigilante398 that said after about 90 seconds the caps have discharged. I had an issue with mine and I confirmed that in my troubleshooting tread. He said basically if you wait a few minutes you should be good. For LEDs I used a Clear Bright Red in mine and Clear Bright Pink in my Black Eye and they light up pretty good! Also there are changes in the resistor value that effects the LED brightness, I think, but it's probably easier to change the LED.
Thanks that's good to know. I think The Diplomat is getting added to the build list!

Although out of caution, I waited for something like 30 minutes before I started handling it! And then when taking voltage measurements I followed the strict policy of keeping one hand behind my back.

Back