Carcass Fuzz

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This one was a very interesting and eye-opening build. I bought the production model when it came out and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. There was potential there, but I just couldn't get anything out of it. Fast forward to me getting into building and really having a better understanding of what circuits are doing, how components interact, etc. I still don't know shit but I have a better grasp on these things now.

Maybe the knob labels threw me off with Before, After, Hi-Cut, Output. It's not intuitive. But now that I know what these controls are actually doing, I can better use this. It's an interesting circuit. Nothing really groundbreaking or innovative but I like it. It still takes a little bit to get something useful out of it but when you do it's kind of rewarding. If you are the kind of person that finds fuzz rewarding. Which I happen to be.

Solid, easy build. Built per BOM. It's a fun fuzz to add to the collection. Happy with how it came out, all around.

Attachments

• 20230926_181411.jpg
    20230926_181411.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230926_181430.jpg
    20230926_181430.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 35
Great looking build. I never played the production pedal but I do like the one I built. My only issue with it is the option paralysis it brings out in me. Edit: it takes me a couple of days to decide on a combo of settings and then I just can’t leave well enough alone and then I get frustrated with it lol. Anyway, looks killer. Well done.

Last edited:
Great looking build. I never played the production pedal but I do like the one I built. My only issue with it is the option paralysis it brings out in me. I just can’t leave well enough alone and then I get frustrated with it lol. Anyway, looks killer. Well done.
Thanks man. I know exactly what you mean. It feels like just a tiny adjustment makes a big change in sound. It can be fun be it can be frustrating too.

Back
Top Bottom