This build is me using various gift cards that my daughters got me for my birthday, including one here at PPCB, which I used to get this board and the J201 it needs. Not only did Robert help me deal with finalizing the purchase when PayPal was glitching; he actually released this PCB a number of years ago when I posted a request in the Wish List! Thank you! I'm especially pleased to get this one into the light of day finally. The sound is very much up my alley. It's definitely an amp-like, classic rock OD/distortion, but also has that tiny bit of germanium "rip" around the notes that I love. As Michael W. mentioned, it has that cranked Brown Face, early ZZ Top sound for sure. I used a 2n1306, 73 hfe and 0.020mA leakage. The diodes are some beautiful old 1n270 I had in the stash. I tried the Red Pearl Vein from StompBox Parts, and the slightly textured finish is way too nice to try and cover with a clear vinyl sticker or even waterslide like I normally would. May look at doing a small, etched metal faceplate at some point.