Circuit Blocks - Devi Ever

TUTORIAL Circuit Blocks - Devi Ever

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
BuddytheReow submitted a new resource:

Circuit Blocks - Devi Ever - Common Devi Ever Fuzz Circuit Blocks

If you're looking for inspiration from some quick, simple, nasty fuzz circuit blocks then take a look at Devi Ever Fx. I have gone through a tutorial how to breadboard the Hyperion 2 (PPCB Ionizer) and if you need a refresher or want to try a full circuit then check this out.

Many of Devi's pedals contain a handful of circuit blocks with similar component values thrown together in...

Read more about this resource...

"Take the first block I showed you and add a 2n2222a (I used a PN2222a but it has similar properties) into the feedback loop for some additional and different clipping! Breadboard pic also below. That 100n cap pointed up is the output cap in case you're wondering. Mind the pinouts of course."

It's important to note that the 2N2222A in the feedback loop could effectively be replaced by a 1N4148/1N914 as the transistor's diode is the only thing in-circuit.

"Take the first block I showed you and add a 2n2222a (I used a PN2222a but it has similar properties) into the feedback loop for some additional and different clipping! Breadboard pic also below. That 100n cap pointed up is the output cap in case you're wondering. Mind the pinouts of course."

It's important to note that the 2N2222A in the feedback loop could effectively be replaced by a 1N4148/1N914 as the transistor's diode is the only thing in-circuit.
Agreed 100%. This acts as a diode to provide a more "boutique" type of clipping as well as provide power to the transistor's base.

I have a copy of the Devi Ever pdf that someone (maybe Devi herself?) compiled based on all her stuff she shared on forums. I'll upload it to google drive

Buddy, I have a ton of random electronics manuals/books on my electronics folder on my computer in addition to those. I'm not sure how useful some of them are so I put the ones I figured people would like on Google Drive. I'll dig through and put some more stuff in there

Those are a LOT of switches
Yeah, it was more for the challenge than anything else. All on veroboard, but the circuits are all very simple. I haven’t opened it since reassembling it after painting it, but remember the inside as an absolute spaghetti bowl, especially with all white wires. (Pretty sure a guts shot would embarrass me…)

I remember considering using some rotaries on the top, but really wanted to keep the size down. It’s not a pedal I’ve ever had as “on my board,” more something that gets pulled out when I want something really rude or maybe just need to let off steam after a bad day.

Back