Clapton Mid Boost BUT inside the guitar

@jwin615 thank you for all your help, it’s way beyond my understanding of anything.
There's nothing wrong with your original plan with the switch and by all means persue that. If it were me, and it's not, I'd want to utilize the buffer since it's all ready there and sucking pixie juice. I would at least try rolling back the boost and seeing how it sounds before drilling the switch hole. I think a 1M resistor between the output and ground would be beneficial to the circuit. Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm or dispell that notion. The idea that the buffered signal is darker doesn't really add up unless the output impedance is so low that it's lower than the next device. Robert makes 1 for 1 clones of these circuits, shortcomings included. Using a quick online calculator, it looks like theQ1 buffer stage output impedance could be in the 2k2ohm range. With volume and and boost maxed, that would translate to a very low circuit output. That's potentially fine if you're adding a 1M volume pot after. Idk. Maybe I'm backwards. We'll see if someone else chimes in.

There's nothing wrong with your original plan with the switch and by all means persue that. If it were me, and it's not, I'd want to utilize the buffer since it's all ready there and sucking pixie juice. I would at least try rolling back the boost and seeing how it sounds before drilling the switch hole. I think a 1M resistor between the output and ground would be beneficial to the circuit. Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm or dispell that notion. The idea that the buffered signal is darker doesn't really add up unless the output impedance is so low that it's lower than the next device. Robert makes 1 for 1 clones of these circuits, shortcomings included. Using a quick online calculator, it looks like theQ1 buffer stage output impedance could be in the 2k2ohm range. With volume and and boost maxed, that would translate to a very low circuit output. That's potentially fine if you're adding a 1M volume pot after. Idk. Maybe I'm backwards. We'll see if someone else chimes in.
Thanks for all of your advice. You guys blow me away with your technical knowledge.

I will have to test my pedal to be sure but I am certain it’s a touch louder and darker with boost at 0 and volume at 10. At full boost it blows the windows out. Interestingly I run it direct into a Line 6 Helix and I can select the physical input impedance, I have it set at 1M. Any lower it looses saturation and gets dull.

Thanks for all of your advice. You guys blow me away with your technical knowledge.

I will have to test my pedal to be sure but I am certain it’s a touch louder and darker with boost at 0 and volume at 10. At full boost it blows the windows out. Interestingly I run it direct into a Line 6 Helix and I can select the physical input impedance, I have it set at 1M. Any lower it looses saturation and gets dull.
I have an old, genuine Fender circuit for mid boost that I am not going to use. I have taken a few transistors off of it, but happy to send it your way. It would be easy to replace the missing parts and throw it in your guitar. If interested, send me a message.

I have an old, genuine Fender circuit for mid boost that I am not going to use. I have taken a few transistors off of it, but happy to send it your way. It would be easy to replace the missing parts and throw it in your guitar. If interested, send me a message.
Thanks dude, that’s really kind. I already have the board ready to go. It’s taking the jump and doing routing !!!

Back