Collateral FX Sea of Japan

Guilherme Collateral

17 years ago, when I was still a teenager and started building pedals, I came across some Uni-Vibe documentation at FSB. I was REALLY into Pearl Jam and Mad Season and Mike McCready really got me into that sound. Sad thing I had no money and it was really hard to import components to Brasil back then. The lamp, the photo cells, the dual rev log potentiometer, the need to implement a power transformer, make a custom enclosure to fit it (back in early 2000's, none of the good PCB suppliers like PedalPCB, Madbean, EffectsLayouts, Aion existed, nor JLCPCB), everything made it look like a really expensive build. Now life feels a lot better and easier (and stressful), and I was cooking this idea on my mind once again. Used some of BigMonk's and R.G. Keen's advice and mods, and took inspiration from the Fumio Mieda story for the inspiration behind the creation of the original Honey (pre Shin-Ei) Uni-Vibe. The Great Wave of Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai is one of my favorite artworks ever and it only felt natural to use it. The hardest parts to get within a reasonably price was, surprisingly, the knobs haha.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-16 at 23.40.04.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-16 at 23.40.05.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-16 at 23.40.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-15 at 15.41.29.jpeg

Back