SOLVED Crystal drive massive buzz.

HunkFunkPedals

Anyone ever run into this?

I've been trying everything and nothing seems to get rid of a fat honking buzz.

If anyone has any tips on how to narrow it down I'd love to hear it.

I had it on my test board and it had a slight buzz, I figured it might be a grounding issue but after baking it it's annoying ass hell.

Attachments

• 20220221_191759.jpg
    20220221_191759.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
I didn’t realise JC was the OP…
Well surely if he can walk on water he can float on a voltage creek without a pulldown, ehr… problem.

Seriously though — OP, we sense and understand your frustration, but there’s a lot of supportive people here wanting and waiting to genuinely help you out with the problem at hand.

If the two boards exhibit the same symptoms, then it’s likely they share the same problem — so one fix may suffice for both builds.
Both boards have issues but not exactly the same. The same components and build but different issues.

The second build is just FUBAR so I'm just rebuilding it on vero.

Sorry to hear that they’re different issues; good to know you’re forging ahead with a vero build!

PS: I love double-lipstick humbucker pups, I call them “humpuckers” 💋
and I’ve got one going into my Tele build in the neck position.

Sorry to hear that they’re different issues; good to know you’re forging ahead with a vero build!

PS: I love double-lipstick humbucker pups, I call them “humpuckers” 💋
and I’ve got one going into my Tele build in the neck position.
I just got a $20 "humpucker" off ebay because I started tonhate the P90s in my baritone.

Wired up a coil split....tesi switch....makes a useless but fun guitar, lol.

Just a quick update: I socketed the transistors and it didn't decrease the massive buzz at all. I tested the ones I pulled out of both builds and they where fine.

Next update will probably be the finished vero build....75% there but I lost motivation to work on these and have moved on to a couple other builds.

Back