signalchained
Member
Last year I bought a Golden Fleece and fell in love. This spring I bought a copper clad from PPCB and it turned into the version of love from the movie obsession.
Hours of breadboarding turned into hours in front of KiCad and I ended up with this monstrosity which I think may be the most versatile dirt pedal I’ve ever played.
I still need to record a demo, and box the revision of this board (this is V1 with some stupid control ordering and various screw ups) but I was too excited to share. You can clip with the transistor, or the clipping stages (my favorite is Ge + LED), you can EQ the whole thing with the cap banks, the sounds range from clean boost to transparent overdrive to ragged wall of fuzz. It also chugs. I’m not telling anyone who loves the Electra anything they don’t already know.
Best part is once you find a sound and you want to lock it in to gig, you can grab a copper clad and just populate your settings. Will share a demo here soon. Happy to share schematic or files if anyone wants but it’s not that complicated.
Hours of breadboarding turned into hours in front of KiCad and I ended up with this monstrosity which I think may be the most versatile dirt pedal I’ve ever played.
I still need to record a demo, and box the revision of this board (this is V1 with some stupid control ordering and various screw ups) but I was too excited to share. You can clip with the transistor, or the clipping stages (my favorite is Ge + LED), you can EQ the whole thing with the cap banks, the sounds range from clean boost to transparent overdrive to ragged wall of fuzz. It also chugs. I’m not telling anyone who loves the Electra anything they don’t already know.
Best part is once you find a sound and you want to lock it in to gig, you can grab a copper clad and just populate your settings. Will share a demo here soon. Happy to share schematic or files if anyone wants but it’s not that complicated.