Daisy File Management

benny_profane

I have a question about Terrarium project file management. I would like to keep the DaisyExamples directory untouched. Those files need to be accessible since I need to be able to pull from there when compiling projects. Where should I put the Terrarium project files, and what should be in there? Right now, I have a folder named Daisy with Terrarium and DaisyExamples subfolders. Within the Terrarium folder, I have dedicated project folders. So far, I've put the < terrarium.h > file in each. Is this the right way to go? I haven't tried to compile a Terrarium project locally yet.

Right now I have a master "Daisy" folder, inside that folder are my project subfolders and the libdaisy / daisysp library folders.

I'm putting a copy of terrarium.h in each project folder for now because I'm still modifying things and trying different approaches to some added features that could break other projects.

Eventually a "terrarium" folder will be added alongside libdaisy and daisysp. You could, of course, just put terrarium.h in the libdaisy folder, or create a "Terrarium" folder and it put it there if you prefer. (you'd have to change the #include accordingly)

Okay, so you have taken libdaisy and daisysp outside of the DaisyExamples folder and have them on the same directory level as the folders for the individual projects?

# Daisy
# + libdaisy
# + daisysp
# + terrarium project 1
# ++ terrarium.h
# ++ <other files>
# + terrarium project 2
# ++ terrarium.h
# ++ <other files>

I put my own git repository of terrarium programs in a directory that is in the same directory as the DaisyExamples repository (like below). This allows me to pull/commit/update my own programs in my own repository without messing with the DaisyExamples repository at all and still reference all of the DaisyExample functions.

Git_Repos_dir
- DaisyExamples
++ DaisySP
++ libdaisy
++ petal
++ etc....
- MyOwnDaisyRepo
++ terrarium_project_1
+++ terrarium.h
+++ terrarium_project_1.cpp
+++ Makefile

To have access to the DaisyExamples stuff I just modify the to library locations lines in the Makefile to:

To these:
Code:
# Library Locations                                                                                                                                                                                 
LIBDAISY_DIR = ../../DaisyExamples/libdaisy
DAISYSP_DIR = ../../DaisyExamples/DaisySP

Back