DEMO Daydream Delay D3L4Y delay...

This post contains an audio or video demo

DAJE

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I got it with the FV-1 chip pre-installed, which I recommend, unless fooling with expensive SMD chips appeals to you.

It's an oddball effect, and when I first fired it up - fortunately it worked when I did - I was thinking "it's a pretty expensive novelty" but then I got into it and spent 30 minutes happily noodling ambient guitarscapes. If that sounds appealing to you, get one. Demo forthcoming.

Was a pretty easy build. Apart from the FV-1 all the parts are easily findable and the majority came direct from Tayda. The 100uF and 47uF E-caps are 16V and since they haven't exploded I'm pretty confident that it's OK to use 16V caps in this pedal.

Attachments

• DDI2.jpg
    DDI2.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DDI3.jpg
    DDI3.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DDI4.jpg
    DDI4.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 22
Build looks awesome. The artwork is awesome. I built this for my wife’s best friend ex husband. Lol. It’s a weird dynamic. Anyways he found out I make pedals for a hobby and asked her if I could make this. He ended up having me make it, I made a few bucks yadda yadda. I could see the use if you’re into doing recording and going for some weird ambient stuff but I have no idea what I would use it for. Fun to play around with for a few minutes, I was surprised at just how huge the mix knob was in its use when I used it.

I agree it's a fun pedal to noodle one, but for me it's a novelty niche pedal. I'm not sure how I would use it in the context of a song. Hmmm...that actually sounds a bit like a challenge hahaha

Back