Deadendfx Amnesia // SSBS No Memory

Waldo_jeffers

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
gandalfgif.gif
Shoutout to @mdc for pointing me towards this board after I requested it in the wish list - thank you very much!

The layout is pretty tight on this one and after thinking about copying @Fuzzonaut's layout, I decided to compromise with onboard pots so I could fit in a smaller box (it just fits the tayda 1590bb2). I'm pretty happy with the uv print on this one. The detail around gandalf at the gate is real fine. I went all in with the "no memory [of this place]" LOTR theme, and have alternate/glossed labels in elvish that are legible if you throw the pedal in a fire the light hits it the right way.

It took a bit of troubleshooting but I got there in the end. My first problem was some power or grounding issue as the first time I fired it up I wasn't even getting a bypass signal. I rewired the power and that got me at least a version of the effect, but there was something up with the regularity of the modulation and the envelope. I messaged Deadendfx on instagram and they responded very quickly with what ended up being my issue. Turns out I had no memory of how to wire an LED and I'd accidentally put the component side LEDs backwards.

The drilling took two attempts but I eventually got the co-ordinates right on the drill template. I've posted the one I created in the tayda drill template section if anyone else wants to use it.

This is definitely the weirdest delay I've built, taking the title from my moonn echo dreams 2 clone I finished recently. I'm into it. It's fun and interesting and the dual wet/dry controls means it's still usable at the most extreme settings. Highly recommend if you're into strange delays and smallsound bigsound's stuff.
nomemory1.jpg
nomemory2.jpg
nomemory3.jpg
gandalf2.gif

Hell Yeah! Great Build Report and I love the theme of the pedal too. I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan. I grew up reading the books and watching the Bakshi version of Lord of the Rings and the Ranking/Bass Hobbit animated movies. Your artwork kicks ass! I did one LOTR themed pedal but I ruined it with my first attempt at covering enclosures with epoxy hahaha probably never gonna use that stuff again.

gollum-thinking.gif
YlBD.gif

Oh, wow, that's a beauty!

And kudos for using a BB, that would give me claustrophopia. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 74613
You got me fighting the GAS. The Tolkien aesthetic only pushes it harder into my DE cart....

39c9eaa821fbed74c200b672b272db7f.gif

GOLLUM-SMEAGOL.jpeg
We likes it we do!
Clever Waldo, to set the build-bar so high.

We wants it. We needs it. Amnesia, and... Must have The Precious. Ooohhh...
Magical little labels are our "PRECIOUS", yes, precious, precious, precious! My Precious! O my Precioussss!
We wants it, we needs it. must have the Preciousss!
We will takes it, claim the Precious as our own, the Precious is ours, yesss, yesss, and nobody can take it from us!

We could builds it, delay of "No Recollection", if we adds the SS/BS No Memory to our Wishes List.
Yes, yes we could. Spoiling nice pedal, scorching it. Give me DEFX Amnesia NOW and keep the nasty vero!

Master Jeffers should be resting, needs to keep up his strength for his next build.

Wow, this is an killer build! Incredible work.

I'm usually either put off by or overly scared of Deadend FX builds, but this one actually seems relatively straightforward in terms of the layout and all that. Or at the very least your build is so clean that this one seems achievable. Definitely gonna add it to my list.

Wow, this is an killer build! Incredible work.

I'm usually either put off by or overly scared of Deadend FX builds, but this one actually seems relatively straightforward in terms of the layout and all that. Or at the very least your build is so clean that this one seems achievable. Definitely gonna add it to my list.
It's a lot more straightforward than I was expecting. Honestly the hardest part was the wiring the cv jack and making sure I had enough room up top so it wouldn't short out on the enclosure bottom (that is, after I fixed all my easy mistakes!)

We likes it we do!
Clever Waldo, to set the build-bar so high.

We wants it. We needs it. Amnesia, and... Must have The Precious. Ooohhh...
Magical little labels are our "PRECIOUS", yes, precious, precious, precious! My Precious! O my Precioussss!
We wants it, we needs it. must have the Preciousss!
We will takes it, claim the Precious as our own, the Precious is ours, yesss, yesss, and nobody can take it from us!

We could builds it, delay of "No Recollection", if we adds the SS/BS No Memory to our Wishes List.
Yes, yes we could. Spoiling nice pedal, scorching it. Give me DEFX Amnesia NOW and keep the nasty vero!

Master Jeffers should be resting, needs to keep up his strength for his next build.
preciouspcb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom