Defouler, Triad OD, Ample Alpaca, (Madbean) Mysterioso

mhshizz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Had some fun this week. Defouler sounds awesome, very similar to the DS side of my Boss OS-2 (visible in the pic lol), but the mid-scoop is a little different. Great, great distortion. Didn't have a 2SC732 so I used my last 2SC1815.

The Alpaca is what it is. Most of us know what it's gonna sound like. Honestly, I'd have preferred a low-cut knob to the hi-cut, but oh well. It's a fun sound. It and the Mysterioso share the CD4049 chip, but sound quite different. This Mysterioso box is The Most interesting project I've put together so far. I love it. Check out the build docs to see how bonkers the controls are: https://madbeanpedals.com/projects/_folders/DistBoostOD/pdf/Mysterioso.pdf

Triad OD is very mid-heavy, but in a different way from a TS or SD1. LED mode sounds particularly great.

But, in the end, the winners this batch are the Mysterioso and Defouler.

00gmYCM.jpg

8kAQ8F0.jpg

3YMujfH.jpg

VMSPHo8.jpg

pQFJoXS.jpg

px8tkTj.jpg

Last edited:
I love them all, but that Mysterious is a cool pedal. I looked everywhere after watching a demo of the original. I didn't realize he had one. :rolleyes:

Had some fun this week. Defouler sounds awesome, very similar to the DS side of my Boss OS-2 (visible in the pic lol), but the mid-scoop is a little different. Great, great distortion. Didn't have a 2SC732 so I used my last 2SC1815.

The Alpaca is what it is. Most of us know what it's gonna sound like. Honestly, I'd have preferred a low-cut knob to the hi-cut, but oh well. It's a fun sound. It and the Mysterioso share the CD4049 chip, but sound quite different. This Mysterioso box is The Most interesting project I've put together so far. I love it. Check out the build docs to see how bonkers the controls are: https://madbeanpedals.com/projects/_folders/DistBoostOD/pdf/Mysterioso.pdf

Triad OD is very mid-heavy, but in a different way from a TS or SD1. LED mode sounds particularly great.

But, in the end, the winners this batch are the Mysterioso and Defouler.

00gmYCM.jpg

8kAQ8F0.jpg

3YMujfH.jpg

VMSPHo8.jpg

pQFJoXS.jpg

px8tkTj.jpg
I have the Mysterioso in my pile of MBP boards. Man I need to pay more attention to the build docs with MBP pedals, I had no idea it was that wierd hahaha. I thought it was just a Mosfet drive, heh......But now I'm looking forward to building it. Even though I'm not super hot on the Llama. I built the Ample Alpalca and it's just a bit too messy and inarticulate for my tastes. (Messy in a good way mind you, just not for me).

Back