DEFX - Zupperbee, Subarashi + Shillelagh

Fuzzonaut

Good morning.

Some Deadend stuff, if you don't mind. I jumped on their Smallsound/Bigsound train and have also enjoyed their Lastgasp Art Laboratories kick for a while now.

Here's a Zuperbee, aka BUZZZ, another take on the good old Superfuzz, with some very cool twists and/or extras. A lot of sounds and options available.
There was a (limited?) edition with skull graphics, my favourite, so yeah, one "skull in space" image search later:
buzzz.jpeg buzzz-g.jpeg

The Subarashi, aka TAFM; a pedal I failed to buy for years ... so finally, here we go.
I used a Toshiba 2SA93 for Q6 and a GT308B for Q7 (D9E for the GE diodes).
It sounds just AWESOME - also on guitar.
Graphics: if in doubt or sans inspiration, take a sci-fi B movie poster, preferably with aliens/monsters/robots carrying women.
I have quite of of them now. :)
tafm.jpeg tafm-g.jpeg

And just boxed up: Shillelagh, aka LAL 46 Sooperfuzz. The original had LEVEL, TONE, GAIN and a MODE toggle switch (mids notched or boosted). Deadend moved that toggle to a footswitch (good idea) and added 3 controls (also pretty cool for fine tuning):
PRE and POST define clipping (of the 2 pairs of 1N4148) and OCT lets you tune or shift the octave balance (Q2-Q3).
Deadend says: "This is to sound, what the Saw movies are to horror... sheer tonal brutality!" and I would agree.
Japanese art for this one, of course.
46.jpeg 46-g.jpeg

Back