Delegate Compressor (Boneyard Edition)

fig

Village Idiot
Wonderful pedal! I built it first with stock parts, and experimented just a wee.

I thought the BB-OPA2111KP was a bit quieter than the OPA2134PA.
I settled on 2 2N2222As and a TFK BC107B. This pedal is nearly dead quiet and can produce a very clean and compressed boost.
EDIT: I neglected to list the gain values...
2N222A x 2 hFE 155
BC107B hFE 305
Control over the nuances offer complex tones. Definitely a keeper! (y)

If you've seen any of my other build reports, you'll recognize my artistry in adorning the outers. If you haven't....gee thanks! :LOL:
IMG_4614.jpeg IMG_4616.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice work..

What I find interesting is that you didn`t bend the LDR to face the LED... Any special reason, people go as far as shrink wrapping the two together....

Nice work..

What I find interesting is that you didn`t bend the LDR to face the LED... Any special reason, people go as far as shrink wrapping the two together....
Thank you! Since there is only one (bottom-facing) LED, there is no light interference with the cover on. Had I populated the optional LEDs, I would have definitely needed to isolate it. (y)

Last edited:
Oh man, those I/O wires are so color coordinated I didn't even see them on first look. I like that! Also like the use of angled header on the switch board. Cool idea. Which means I'm stealing this stuff :rolleyes:

nice work, gonna be building one of these soon

did you use the standard predrilled enclosure from Tayda?

Reactions: fig
nice work, gonna be building one of these soon

did you use the standard predrilled enclosure from Tayda?
Thank you!
No, I usually drill myself because I sometimes make adjustments. Full enclosure-disclosure...I've mis-marked or mis-drilled a few times so I triple-check now ;)

Heya Fig, do those transistors perform better on bass than the original config?
I have no idea. 🤷‍♂️ It’s never really come across my desk before.…so to speak. Is there a specific attribute of the transistor that would lead you to believe that?
I’m not a bass player, but I do have a bass and can try both ways, though I’m not sure my interpretation would be of any help. :)

Back