DipTrace troubles with PCB

One critique and only because if I had started doing it earlier I’d have been happier:

@Robert taught me to connect grounds with a ground pour rather than manual tracing.

I’d recommend this.

Identify your ground net and then create a ground pour attached to that net. Then you don’t need to concern yourself with routing grounds because the pour does it for you.

I can post the ground pour settings Robert gave to me sometime tomorrow, unless he has them handy.
Yeah, I noticed from other threads and posts (yours and Robert’s specifically) about ground pours. I do have one on top and bottom, I just didn’t set the state to poured in my screenshots. It definitely does make it easier, if I have them set up correctly of course.

Yeah, I noticed from other threads and posts (yours and Robert’s specifically) about ground pours. I do have one on top and bottom, I just didn’t set the state to poured in my screenshots. It definitely does make it easier, if I have them set up correctly of course.

I just mentioned it because I noticed you hade manually connected grounds, and a few vias from the auto router connecting them.

If you have a ground pour in place, you can delete the ground traces. The pour connects all the grounds together.

I just mentioned it because I noticed you hade manually connected grounds, and a few vias from the auto router connecting them.

If you have a ground pour in place, you can delete the ground traces. The pour connects all the grounds together.
/facepalm!! I see what you’re saying now. Don’t need those ground traces because they’re connected to the pour. Makes sense!!

Back