DIY A/B Looper

Route14

I've been A/Bing a lot of pedals lately so I thought I might build an A/B Switcher. B size enclosure. Gorva soft switch. Bi-Color LED. I decided to do A loop on the right and B loop on the left. As opposed to both Sends on the same side and both Receives on the other.

Works great. No popping so far. I was expecting to have to add pull down resistors. Never mind the masking tape residue on the front. Forgot to wipe it down. I'll add some labels soon.

frontIMG_1794.jpg gutsIMG_1793.jpg

So, if I’m looking at this right, loop a is 1& 7, loop b is 3 & 9, direct in and out is 2 & 8 and the LEDs are in the middle column?

I literally was just drawing up how to do this and came up with the same wiring. However I was adding a jumper to ground from 1 to 6 and 3 to 4 to ground out the input when not in use to help with popping. Guess I’ll try it without.

Nice job. I’ve purchased two of Saturn-works utility pedals only because when they are on sale the cost is within dollars of the parts alone. But this makes me want to build one now.

So, if I’m looking at this right, loop a is 1& 7, loop b is 3 & 9, direct in and out is 2 & 8 and the LEDs are in the middle column?
1 & 4 are A, 7 is the LED. 3 & 6 are B, 9 is the LED. 2 & 5 are the in and out. 8 is the ground. I’m sure it would work how you described it as well.

I literally was just drawing up how to do this and came up with the same wiring. However I was adding a jumper to ground from 1 to 6 and 3 to 4 to ground out the input when not in use to help with popping. Guess I’ll try it without.
I used it with some higher gain pedals and there may be a little pop. I’m waiting to try it with a louder rig to see if it’s something noticeable or annoying. If so I was going to put a something Meg resistor from the Tip of the sends to ground. Do you think that would work?

Love utility builds, love orange, love bi-colour LEDs... the way you've split the A-side and the B-side makes sense.

I love this pedal! 😻

What colours does the LED have?
Red and Blue. It was the only colors I had on hand. Still looks cool. I’m sure I’ll be using it in a demo or two in the future.

Nice job. I’ve purchased two of Saturn-works utility pedals only because when they are on sale the cost is within dollars of the parts alone. But this makes me want to build one now.
Yeah I’ve had some Loop Master stuff in the past but I figured building something would be good for the experience. Lots of wiring. Not my favorite part of building for sure! I was putting it off for a long time but finally used some of this holiday time to knock it out.

I used it with some higher gain pedals and there may be a little pop. I’m waiting to try it with a louder rig to see if it’s something noticeable or annoying. If so I was going to put a something Meg resistor from the Tip of the sends to ground. Do you think that would work?
I would try it maybe even a 2M2 my limited understanding makes me think that would help. But it’s a limited understanding at best lol

Back