DOD 250 - Who needs an EQD Grey Channel?

neiltheseal

Hello

This is my first post that is not me just asking for help. This forum has been really helpful and has helped me keep my perfect record as all of the PCBs I have built work (although not always the first time).

Thanks to the advice I received in this thread, I managed to insert a rotary diode selector in my DOD 250 that I build to grey 77 specs (if that even is a thing).

I've been curious what the difference is between all of the different diodes so I thought I'd build something to hear the difference. So I had a silly idea, why not wire up a switch to test different options in my DOD 250. The PCB is so small the enclosure felt empty so I had to stuff more things in there.

The rotary I wired up has 12 options as follows:
  1. symmetrical silicon
  2. asymmetrical silicon
  3. no diodes
  4. symmetrical germanium
  5. asymmetrical germanium
  6. red LED
  7. green LED
  8. symmetrical mofset
  9. asymmetrical mofset with blue LED
  10. symmetrical mofset and germanium
  11. symmetrical 1n4007 diode (is this schottky?)
  12. symmetrical BAT41 Schottky
My favourites are asymmetrical silicon, germanium both types and asymmetrical mofset and mofset with blue LED. But they are all good.

I suppose this was inspired by the EQD Grey Channel. Not intentionally, but I found myself coming back to the schematic for that to get ideas for different clipping options (12 is a lot).

If anyone is interested I can make a recording tomorrow when the kids aren't sleeping.

Attachments

• dod2.jpeg
    dod2.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 33
  • dod1.jpeg
    dod1.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 35
Haha. Not too personal at all. I'm actually Seal the famous singer. I put Neal in my user name so my fans can't track me down.
The video shows a different story than above but it could be the lighting???
The heading EDQ is in need of rearranging, The 12 pole & Clippers take up any room that was missing Ha Ha, Interesting result!

Well that's a bit pretentious, calling yourself "the" Seal. From now on I will be Hamish who shall be called THE Hamish. And you spelled Neil differently in your post... This is all very suspicious.

But I do like your singing.
Well yes I am THE Seal, not the best disguise I admit. And Neil is a pseudonym not my real name so I forgot how to spell it. Will have to try harder to keep up the charade.

The video shows a different story than above but it could be the lighting???
The heading EDQ is in need of rearranging, The 12 pole & Clippers take up any room that was missing Ha Ha, Interesting result!
LOL yes. Took me a while to understand what you meant. But yes the lights in my room are VERY bright.

Good point. Fixed the heading.

Yes the box is now full, not the empty box that I started with. I completely love this pedal now. It was always good but now I can tweak the sound slightly when I get bored I think it's the best.

Back