Double Barrel, JHs

Dan0h

Well that was a lot of work for a TS and a boost…. Cool pedal, just a lot going on with 7 knobs, 3 toggles and 2 FS. And the printable template was scaled down a few percent for some reason, so I had to do my own drill lines and of course fucked that up. All bitching aside it’s a pretty cool pedal, does what it says it will do. I’ll know more tomorrow when I can crank the volume up a little more. DAF6D2BA-D6BD-4CD7-A947-D83594523998.jpeg 22B2ED58-8E2E-4A90-803F-EDADAB2DCE94.jpeg 37A6AB52-8B7E-4DD1-9959-17E7DCA6BCC0.jpeg

Hi Dan0h

How do you find it. I recently finished mine. The only thing is I find not difference between the two clipping options on side two. Do you get any difference between yours?
Phil

Hi Dan0h

How do you find it. I recently finished mine. The only thing is I find not difference between the two clipping options on side two. Do you get any difference between yours?
Phil
I really like this pedal, all 3 of my toggles make noticeable differences. I’d check that you have your diodes going the right way.

This is pretty bad. One of the LEDs wasn’t working so I figured I must have installed it backwards but then I realized I never soldered the three center lugs on the FS! Now the led works and that side sounds much better. What a noob. And shame on you guys for not spotting it, just like me, in the photos. Lol. B13D376A-4F7A-4B3F-A34B-DD15BFD748DC.jpeg

Good looking build. I built this when it first came out but I didn't care for it. I'm not a fan of what Josh at jhs did with each circuit. No amp or guitar combo sounded really inspiring to me. But I can see how some people would really like it. Clean build though. Bucky approves.
Thanks man, I have come to respect that everyone’s setup is different which has a huge impact on how things react in the chain and sound to one’s ears. For whatever reason this thing sounds amazing in my chain. Also first two pedals (this and the evil owl) I’ve done with comp resistors vs metal. Just wanted to see if there was a difference. I guess I need to build something I’ve already built with metals to really tell.

I really like this pedal, all 3 of my toggles make noticeable differences. I’d check that you have your diodes going the right way.
Glad yours works. I checked and the diodes are the right way. According to the pcb anyway.
I’m not too fussed as the right hand side does change and the left actually sounds great anyway.
Like you I am a fan of this pedal. It’s super loud and great tones I think anyway.

Glad yours works. I checked and the diodes are the right way. According to the pcb anyway.
I’m not too fussed as the right hand side does change and the left actually sounds great anyway.
Like you I am a fan of this pedal. It’s super loud and great tones I think anyway.
Cool. Yeah the volume is insane. Unity is at 2 on the right side and maybe 5 on the left. Incredibly loud.

I love it! The effectslayout board are really nice and I love the ability to use a ribbon cable for the foot switch, minimizes the off board wiring. My son loves the orange you chose.
Agreed. And your son has good taste. I had to do the hunter orange because, well you know the whole double barrel thing. Lol.

Last edited:
Well that was a lot of work for a TS and a boost…. Cool pedal, just a lot going on with 7 knobs, 3 toggles and 2 FS. And the printable template was scaled down a few percent for some reason, so I had to do my own drill lines and of course fucked that up. All bitching aside it’s a pretty cool pedal, does what it says it will do. I’ll know more tomorrow when I can crank the volume up a little more.
Where did you find this PCB? I would love to build one of these!

This is pretty bad. One of the LEDs wasn’t working so I figured I must have installed it backwards but then I realized I never soldered the three center lugs on the FS! Now the led works and that side sounds much better. What a noob. And shame on you guys for not spotting it, just like me, in the photos. Lol. View attachment 19841
The Picture I received looked fine at the time!?

DAF6D2BA-D6BD-4CD7-A947-D83594523998.jpg

Back