Heresy!! I drew this up a while ago because I wanted to hear what it sounded like if I used a dual opamp instead of the single opamp and JFET. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was curious as to how close it got to sounding like a regular Rat - spoiler - it doesn't! But I think I actually prefer it this way. And of course I added a bass pot. It wouldn't be difficult to leave that out but why not have a bass pot?
I've never really been into the Rat but appreciate that it's a classic and has been the basis for many other circuits. I actually bought one way back when the Rat was first introduced. It didn't do it for me then and still doesn't really. But I could use this circuit.
I use tantalum for some of the µF caps but you could use electrolytics. Most dual opamp ICs would probably work.
I've never really been into the Rat but appreciate that it's a classic and has been the basis for many other circuits. I actually bought one way back when the Rat was first introduced. It didn't do it for me then and still doesn't really. But I could use this circuit.
I use tantalum for some of the µF caps but you could use electrolytics. Most dual opamp ICs would probably work.