Duocast (Musikding kit)

Smrtokvitek

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Another Duocast build in Gorva S90 enclosure. I bought this as a kit because I didn't want to source all the components. That is the reason why some capacitors are a bit too big (my only complaint about the kit). It fits in the end but I would have bought proper sizes myself. I went for the Gorva enclosure because I wanted a painted one and it was the only one available. Perks of building in Europe...

I still have to take it for a spin at a rehearsal and hear it out loud.

IMG_20240401_161307321.jpg

IMG_20240401_161254677.jpg

I was a bit adventurous and printed the plate on the SLA printer yesterday to mimic the Broadcast design. This was originally a design I had in mind for a UV print but it probably won't happen. Gorva S90 is a bit smaller so it could also be shrunk. The black colour is a paint marker on the top of the letters. It is not great but with a bit of tweaking it could be a way to go. The resin has a bad habit of warping when curing after printing (especially flat prints like this) so it is not as easy as I thought it would be.

IMG_20240406_212359760.jpg

Another Duocast build in Gorva S90 enclosure. I bought this as a kit because I didn't want to source all the components. That is the reason why some capacitors are a bit too big (my only complaint about the kit). It fits in the end but I would have bought proper sizes myself. I went for the Gorva enclosure because I wanted a painted one and it was the only one available. Perks of building in Europe...

I still have to take it for a spin at a rehearsal and hear it out loud.

View attachment 72209

View attachment 72208
after building 41 different pedals, this one is still my favorite. let us know how it sounds!

That sounds like an exciting project! Building guitar pedals can be a rewarding experience, and the Duocast in a Gorva S90 enclosure sounds like a solid choice. It's understandable that sourcing components can be a hassle, so opting for a kit can save a lot of time and effort.

Even if some of the capacitors are a bit larger than ideal, as long as they fit and function properly, it shouldn't be a significant issue. The important thing is getting the pedal assembled and ready to use.

Taking it for a spin at a rehearsal will be the true test. It'll give you a chance to hear how it sounds in a live setting and make any adjustments if needed. Hopefully, it delivers the tone and performance you're looking for!

Enjoy the process of building and testing your new pedal, and may it enhance your musical journey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back