DEMO Electric Druid-ity (Flangelicious, MultiFlange, FilterFX)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I need to play with these some more before I make a demo, but they sound great, were super easy to put together, and do what they're supposed to.

For any fans of flanging- both variants are pretty awesome, and don't require any calibrating.
The Flangelicious seems to cover most of the classic flange tones, without any sort of wackiness. The MultiFlange replaced the Manual / delay time pot with a wave shape selector- 7 waves, and a fixed mode for Filter Matrix type timbres.
These do both exhibit some strange digital noise I can't seem to get rid of. Possibly due to my power supply. I've gotten the same sort of artifacts from other eeprom assisted circuits, so it might just be inherent to the design?

The FilterFX is basically an LFO- controlled Mu-Tron III, so it does all of those great sounds on a timer. Not really my bag, but I can definitely see uses for it.

Flangelicious
1000018581.jpg 1000018584.jpg

MultiFlange
1000018580.jpg 1000018583.jpg

FilterFX
1000018579.jpg 1000018582.jpg

Last edited:
Both flangers are a bit noisy at some settings. The Druid gave me a simple tip to reduce the background noise : increase the input volume before the effect, and then reduce the volume after the effect. It will affect the signal/noise ratio and solve the issue.

Filter Fx is a great circuit, some sounds are really impressive once it's been dialed with caution. On synth and electric piano it's very easy to find some good settings. In my experience, on guitars and bass it gets quickly a bit overwhelming, it has to be switched on for a short moment, like a break or a quick transition.

The random waveforms are very interesting and quite unusual.

Both flangers are a bit noisy at some settings. The Druid gave me a simple tip to reduce the background noise : increase the input volume before the effect, and then reduce the volume after the effect. It will affect the signal/noise ratio and solve the issue.
Compander time?

Back