Electric Funeral & Vulture Deluxe 1590DD boxes

dan.schumaker

Here are my next 2 all-in-one boxes that I finished up lately...

The first is the Electric Funeral. This is to cop some sounds that you would hear Tony Iommi making on some Black Sabbath albums. The chain starts with a Parapedal Wah circuit (acting as a fixed wah filter), then into a Rangemaster. From there it hits a pretty fuzzy octave pedal that gives you +1, -1 & -2 octaves down. Its pretty glitchy, but it works on single note lines to really give some growl. From there it goes into a Boost/OD circuit based on the TI Boost, and then into a Laney Amp sim. All together, it is a pretty cool sounding box. The Wah is really cool to get those cocked wah filter sounds, and I like the growl that the octave gives off.

Electric-Funeral_1.jpg

Electric-Funeral_2.jpg

Next is the Vulture Deluxe, based on John Mayer's board in the Try era. The board starts with a Katana Boost, then it hits the OD section. There is a Blues Driver and Tube Screamer there, with an order switch so you can swap if the TS or BD comes first. From there it hits the delay side. First is an analog delay using a single V3205, to mimic the Aquapuss he used in that era. It doesn't have the longest delay time, but it works perfectly for some slapback sounds. The second delay is a PT2399 tape-style delay. I have the delays on a switch where you can either run them in series, or you can split them in parallel to their own output jack if you want to run in stereo. It is a real nice sounding combination as well. The TS and BD stack well together, and the delays can give some nice ambience.
Vulture-Deluxe_1.jpg

Vulture-Deluxe_2.jpg

Back