Moonn Sir Wobblington

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
According to Nils' build docs this is a modernized Park Auto Wah, the OG modulation pedal. It's a simple wah controlled by an lfo and is very much its own thing. The filterfx from electric druid can kind of cop these tones (and way way beyond) but the wobblington has a more vintage kind of feel for lack of a better descriptor.

You can kill the lfo by setting the depth to zero and use the tone knob like a cocked wah type pedal. I think that it really shines in the faster speeds. It's a mellow enough of an effect that you can dime the speed and get weird without getting vomitous like a phaser at top speed can. Turns out I like a slow phase, fast auto wah, and my univibe at a medium pace. You can make the sweep narrow but the effect is never subtle. That's my main wish, a "q" knob or something.

Anyway, it's a fun little historical oddity that I think is absolutely worth building ('cept you @DGWVI, you'll hate it 🤡). Though it's not going on my bass pedalboard, I bet my rhodes playing buddy will be stealing it at our next rehearsal. After taking this gutshot, I changed my mind and wired the led normally rather than to the speed indicator. I have enough blinking lights in my life.

Screenshot_20240224_195827_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240224_195843_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one!
Much cheaper & less painful than the alternative to a LFO wah:

Iffe.gif

Back